Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sold a book

Last time I did this challenge I never allowed myself to sell anything I owned outside of the project. Yesterday my wife was throwing some books out and asked me get rid of them. I usually just bring them to work and donate them to the book drive we have, but this time I took one and walked over to the used book store to sell. I have used them in the past, but they rip you off so much I decided to just give them away instead. Since I made this decision, I knew that I wouldn't ordinarily have used them, so that would make the book sale fare game (because it wouldn't affect our personal finances). How much do they rip you off? Well, I sold a book with a $20 price tag on it and she offered me $0.25. That's right. A measly quarter. You can see why I decided to forget them and just give them away. I tried to negotiate, saying that it wasn't just a $8 paperback, but she said that is their policy since the book is more than 7 years old, not to mention that they had a huge inventory so they were being very picky. I figured $0.25 was good enough for this level, so I made the sale. I definitely won't be using them once I get a bit more cash. Until then I might look for some more books she might buy. Still feels like I'm getting robbed though.

Flip

No comments:

Post a Comment