Friday, May 7, 2010

I have been shopping up a storm, trying to find more items that are cheaper than where I usually buy them. Here is what I have found so far:

Chef Boy RD - Regular Price $1.79, purchased 10 for $1 each.
Ragu - Regular Price $1.89, purchased 2 for $0.99 each.
Deodorant - Regular Price $2.99, purchased 3 for $2 each.
Nutrigrain - Regular Price $10.5 for 32, purchased 40 for $10.
Orajel - Regular Price $4.59, purchased for $3.49.
Laundry Detergent - Reg Price $24.97, purchased for $22.95.
Cough Drops - Reg Price $1.39, purchased for $1.19

I also found some work pants for $9.99+tax, which I thought was a great price. I usually would have bought them from Zellers so I checked out what prices they had for work pants. They had a special on for $19.97+Tax.

My favorite purchase was some honey. My wife likes a particular brand, mostly because it has a pointy spout that does not drip. The trouble is, it is very hard to find the 1L version - they only seem to sell a 335ml version that is very expensive at $4.99. I did have an old empty bottle, so I cleaned it up, bought a different 1L bottle for $8.99 and poured it in. Saved almost 6 bucks on that one.

So, without going through all the excruciatingly boring math, it turns out that I saved an additional $38.21, which means an extra $19.10 for the project. - almost 50% of the goal in this one post!

No comments:

Post a Comment