Friday, May 7, 2010

A New Rule - Minimum Gain

I have decided to add a new rule:

- Any transaction that would result (or would be expected to result) in less than a 1% gain for the double project is deemed to be too insignificant and thus not a valid transaction for the project.

This will hopefully keep me from wasting time on the smaller deals. For example - at my current level, walking around looking for beer bottles would be a waste of time since each bottle would be a 0.25% gain toward the project, which means I would need to do this type of transaction 400 times before I completed the step. Way too low of a gain for my time. So that means anything that would expect less than a 40c gain is deemed small potatoes and not valid for the project. This will also allow my real life to take advantage of some of the techniques developed by the double project. For example, eventually grocery fliers and coupons will become too insignificant, which means I can fully take advantage of my new habit in my real life, hence allowing the double project to have an even better positive impact on my life!

Flip

No comments:

Post a Comment