Thursday, May 6, 2010

I have decided that to be even more conservative and to make doubly sure (pardon the pun) that my personal finances are not affected, I will be splitting savings 50-50 between this project and my real life.

So much is happening so fast that I can barely find time to post it all. I have been doing more shopping and more saving! It is somewhat ironic that in order to make money for the project, I need to spend more money. I am really trying to only purchase what I would have purchased anyways at a better rate. Here is what I found yesterday.

Batteries - I purchased one more pack of the $8.99 AAA 12 pack batteries since they are good until 2016. I am sure we will use them by then. So that is another $6 in savings, plus $0.78 I did not have to pay in tax.

Peanut Butter - Shoppers Drug Mart has a special on peanut butter - 1KG for $2.50, just as ours is about to expire. We had a 2KG jar, but i estimate that we only used 3 quarters of it. My usual grocery store had the 1KG for $5.40 and the 2KG for $6.25. If I were to purchase the 2KG then I will assume I would only finish 3 quarters again, which means I am really buying 1.5KG for $6.25, which translates to $4.16 per KG as my base. This is a savings of $1.66.

Doing the math for the project - ($6.78+$1.66)/2=$4.22 for the project. There is already much more, but I do not have time to post it right now - gotta go to some more deals!

Flip

No comments:

Post a Comment