Thursday, August 13, 2009

Completed Step 1 - Find a Penny

It happened when I least expected it. I had been periodically keeping an eye out all day and even went for a walk around some stores, hoping to score my first bit of money for the project to no avail. I was rushing off to a meeting at work and low and behold, a shiny beautiful penny caught my eye at the entrance to the building. Ok, it wasn't shiny. It is actually quite dull with a huge scratch across it, but it is a beautiful site. I now own half a penny and am sharing it with some unnamed Charity. Hmm... I think it's time to find it a friend so I can have one all to myself. It would also be a good idea to start thinking about what Charity might be getting the half million. On one hand it is a good idea to select it early so I can envision who I am doing this for (ok, half doing this for), but on the other hand, if I pick one and then later on decide I want to send it elsewhere, it would be kind of mean. They would be crushed and I would feel terrible.

I know, I know... Get a grip Geoff - you have a penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment