Friday, August 14, 2009

Levels 2, 3, 4 5 and 6 Completed!

That's right! I completed FIVE levels today. I decided to go for a walk at lunch time, thinking that perhaps I might find some coinage at the grocery store. At first I didn't see anything, but then I spotted it. A beautiful shining dime sparkling on the floor (this one really was shiny). Someone was standing near it so I had to use some skill to get near it, but I got my dough. Success! I was walking out of the store and a lady sitting in a chair said something to me. "What?" I asked. "Would you like to donate to the hearing impaired?", she asked. There I was holding my jackpot in my hands and this Lady wanted a piece of the pie. How does a Charity geared program turn down a Charity? I stood there thinking of the past painstaking minutes. I put so much effort towards this dime. How could I just let it go. NO! I decided I had to look at the big picture. What's 10 cents when I will be writing a cheque for $500,000 some day? But I won't be writing that cheque if I give this 10 cents away. "No thanks" I told her and walked away. I think I know where my first donation will go to - or at least a dime of it. That leap frogged me to Level 4 for a total of 11 cents!

Later that day I was walking through my parking lot at work and what do I find? Another beatiful dull penny. BAM! 12 cents!

Later tonight, I went to a bar and told my friend Bonnie all about this project. She was so excited about it that she reached into her purse. I knew she was going to donate to it. Would she give me 4 pennies to complete level 5? Would she give me another dime? The suspense was killing me, but finally she pulled out... No... It couldn't be. YES! A Quarter! My eyes bugged out of head. I couldn't see straight. Let's see. 12 cents plus 25 is. 37 cents! That vaults me to level 7! Woot! I'm only 21 doubles away from a million dollars! Somehow that makes it feel so close. Who knew 37 cents was so close to a million?

No comments:

Post a Comment