Sunday, April 18, 2010

Beer Run Dud

I went on a 8.75K beer run today and didn't find a single can or bottle. Granted, there was only about 3K worth of good bottle hunting area, but alas, no dice. The question is why were there none. I ran to work, which takes me between very populated areas with 3K of forest in between. Other more successful beer runs have been more on the outskirts of town where the next populated area is hundreds of kilometers away. My theory is that people throw out their beer bottles as they approach town, but once they're already in town they're less likely to keep their bottles in their car. I hope I am wrong because that would say something about how many drunk drivers are in my area. Maybe it is the farmers who just throw their bottles in the ditch. Either way, my next beer run is going to be back out on the country roads.

Flip

1 comment:

  1. Hi Flip,

    My experience has been that the majority of my finds for bottles and cans are on back roads, dirt roads, country roads and roads where people are known to park, like for bike trails or mountain trails, etc.

    The dirt roads being the best.

    Regards,
    Xinfinitum
    dtamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete