Saturday, April 3, 2010

There's Gold in 'Dem 'Dere Hills...er Ditches

I did another beer run today. This time it was 7K. I ran 3.5K down a country road and 3.5K back the other side. It was freakin' hot. I figured out that instead of hauling beer bottles all the way down the road and back, on the first leg I can just run across the road and leave them on the other side to pick up on my way back. I also learned that you must place them on the ground because on a hot day, beer bottles will easily break if you try to roll them from a short height of 1 foot off the ground. 10 cents down the drain on that one. I also had one break in my hand when I went to pick it up and one broke in the bag when the bag hit my leg. This is apparently dangerous stuff. I managed to fill both bags and actually left them on the side of the road to pick up later with the car as they were getting a bit heavy to run with. I ended up driving 4 kilometers to get there and back and pick up the bags, so I will be deducting 40 cents for the car (you'll note I previously said I would charge myself 10c per km for gas and wear and tear.) In the end I picked up 19 beer bottles, which I can get $1.90 for. Subtract the $0.40 for the car and I made a cool $1.50 for the project today AND ran 7K, which is further than I have ever run in my life. It has been a good day.

Flip

No comments:

Post a Comment