Monday, April 5, 2010

You can return Beer Cans!

Who knew - Apparently you can return beer cans to the beer store. I had some cans from when my friends came over (I only drink from beer bottles). On the can it said you could get a 20 cent refund in Quebec. Since I don't live in Quebec, I would just put them in the recycling. Then I thought I might as well ask if they'd take it since I am quite close to Quebec. It turns out they DO take them and you get 20 cents a can for them! Who knew? Probably everyone, but not me. Since I was going to recycle them as always (they were already in the recycling box) and have never returned this type before and probably never would have, I am going to allow it for this project. They gave me a dollar for the cans. I'm pretty sure there were more than five though, so I think they must have miscounted. At first I was annoyed, but I guess I got a nice cheap lesson for only 20 or 40 cents. Always make sure you know how much you are supposed to get in an exchange BEFORE you conduct it. That way if you're shortchanged, you can catch it easily. I also went for a beer run this morning. I drove 4.8km to get me to a new place, which cost me 48 cents for the driving. I managed to find 10 beer bottles (I'll be looking for cans in the future) so that puts me another 52 cents up. To top it off, when I was leaving work, there was another 20 cent beer can lying on the ground. So that is a whopping $1.72 for the day, 17.2% toward my goal. Not bad on a work day. I'm now at $18.05, so only $1.95 to go on this level and I'm only 5 days into the 3 months!
Flip

No comments:

Post a Comment